Protect yourself from online Data Breaches by using Firefox Monitor
Firefox Monitor to know your online data breaches.
Firefox Monitor is an online service developed by Mozilla, announced in June 2018 and launched on September 25, 2018. It informs users if their email address and passwords used has been leaked in online data breaches, using the database provided by Have I been Pwned? and working with HIBP’s creator, Troy Hunt.
Benefits of signing on Firefox Monitor
- Stay Alert to New Breaches.
- Monitor Several Emails.
- Protect Your Online Privacy.
More Features on Signing Up on to Firefox Monitor
- Firefox Browser – Sync your bookmarks, passwords, and more on every device.
- Firefox Lockwise – Securely access passwords saved in Firefox anywhere — even outside of the browser.
- Firefox Monitor – Get a lookout for data breaches.
- Firefox Send – Firefox SendSend larger files securely and privately.
Sign up for Breach Monitoring with a Firefox Monitor
- Visit on the Link: Click Here
- Enter your Email Address
- Click on “Continue”
- On the next page provide password in the first box, repeat the same password in the second box, and in the third box provide your age.
- Click on 3 check boxes provided.
- Click on “Create account”
- Enter the verification code received on your mail address, and click on to “Verify”.
- Your account has been created and you are redirected to the Dashboard of Firefox Monitor.
- Registration is done.
Understanding the Dashboard to know your Online Data Breaches
- There are 3 tabs useful tabs (Home, Breaches, and Security Tabs) in the header menu of the Firefox Monitor’s Dashboard
- In this tab you will find the Breach Summary
- Breach Summary provides you the data of, numbers of mail addresses are being monitored, known data breach has exposed your info, and password exposed across all breaches
- Scrolling Down the window, you will see the details where your online data breaches
- You will see your email address you’ve used during the registrations, to add more mail address, click on “Manage Email Addresses”
- Scroll Down to find the “Add a new email address”, provide your other mail address and click on “Send Verification Link”
- Visit your email dashboard and open the mail received from Firefox Monitor, click on “Verify Email”
- You will get message on new page, “Email Successfully Verified!”
- Now on the same page click on Home Tab from the Header Menu.
- Comparing Breach Summary 1 with Breach Summary 2, Now there are 2 Email Address, 9 Known Data Breaches, and 9 Password Breaches across all breaches
- Now scroll down to resolve your online data breaches
- Click on “Resolve this breach”, as shown in figure
- Scroll down to see the Overview, What data was compromise, What to do for this breach, then at last in this section if you’ve done all the necessary suggested steps, click on “Mark as Resolved”
- All Breaches in Firefox Monitor (Daily Updates)
- Security Tips
- Security tips to protect yourself from hackers
- Other than this 3 tabs, there are Firefox apps and services option (you can find more interesting apps and services from Firefox), and user account section to update your details.
Precautionary Measures for your online data breaches
- Change your passwords regularly
- Use Alpha-numeric combinations to create your passwords
- Alpha-numeric passwords should contained of Alphabets (Capital and Small), Numbers, and Special Characters.
- Create password with minimum 8-10 characters
- Don’t use your name, birth-dates, mobile numbers, etc which are easily available on your social media accounts. Hackers use social engineering techniques to hack your private accounts.
- Get Firefox Lockwise, keep track of all your different passwords and access them securely from your phone or tablet.
- Set up two-factor authentication (2FA) – Many websites offer 2FA as an extra security measure. This requires another piece of information to log in to your account, such as a one-time code you receive via text.
- Use this site to know whether they are using Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) – Click Here
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article.
Thanks for reading.
Share and Support Us ❤️
Keep Reading | Keep Sharing | Thanks for the Contribution | Technology World 🗺