Microsoft Office Excel – Guide for a beginner to became a professional User
Microsoft Excel is a program which allows users to sort his/her data, apply formulas, functions, conditional formats, etc more efficiently.
Lets start Microsoft Excel and Make Mastery in it is a program for all the people, entrepreneurs, business owners, and other persons who are using MS Excel in their Day to Day Life.
As we all are aware that Microsoft is the creator of this program, this software is a spreadsheet based program. It is widely used as it contains of many useful tools and functions.
Some of the featuring uses are calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language which is known with the name Visual Basic for Application.
I have created this guide to learn the Software Microsoft Excel from beginning to pro.
This guide has 12 Main Part and all the part have their sub-contents.
Here I will try to explain each and every part with the proper illustration and examples. And also I will try to add videos describing each part of the guide.
For these I have created YouTube Channel with the same name as our blog is having, “New Hope Aarvi”. I ask you all to subscribe our YouTube Channel and press the Bell Icon to receive notifications from us.
Before moving towards the main part and describing more words about this program, I want to introduce the YouTube Channel, I have created this channel to share more knowledge with you all.
The Channel will not only has the Microsoft Excel Videos, but will also target to General Information Videos.
Knowledge has no value unless you use and share it.
Let’s make some highlights on the main part of This Guide,
1. Understanding the User Interface of Microsoft Excel
2. List of All Excel Functions
3. List of All Excel Shortcuts
4. Experience Level 1 Understanding with Examples
5. Pivot Table
6. AutoFill Demonstration
7. Referencing Tips
8. Data Validation
9. Advance Filtering
10. Conditional Formatting
11. Advanced Lookup – Index & Match
12. Most Useful Excel Tips
Friends this is the content which you will going to learn from Microsoft Excel Guide. And I’m sure you will definitely gain more knowledge.
Let’s start learning and move towards the 1st part from your own Guide, Microsoft Excel,
Understanding the User Interface of Microsoft Excel
Before you start your any new project in MS Excel, It is going to very useful to understand various part of the screen.
Following Image shows the user interface and various parts of the program, I will try to cover each and every part separately.
Before proceeding further,
I have some questions which are kept on rolling in my mind, these same are the questions will also roll first time in the mind of new user.
How to create new Microsoft Excel Sheet?
- There are various methods to create new MS Excel Sheet.
- Common ways to create new Excel Sheets are,
- Start -> All Programs -> Search for the Microsoft Program -> MS Excel
- Desktop or In any Folder -> Right Click ->New -> MS Excel Sheet.
How to Open a Blank Workbook in Excel?
- Once you open the Excel software using the Start Menu Option, The first thing you will notice is a big screen showing various option for choice. Select Blank Workbook option from it.
- Once you select the blank workbook option, blank workbook opens, image shows the view.
What are the Ribbons in Excel
- Ribbons are designed to help you quickly find the command that you want to execute.
- Ribbons are divided into logical groups called Tabs and Each Tab has its own set of unique function to do.
- Home, Insert, Page Layout, Formulas, Date, Review, & View are the Various Tabs.
How to Minimize the Ribbons
- To hide the commands in the ribbons you have the option to lower the ribbons, for that,
- Right click on the Ribbon Area and you will get various options are shown.
- Then select the option of “Collapse the Ribbon”.
- Once the option is selected the visible ribbons will go in hidden mode.
- You can always click on the tab to show the commands.
How to Customize the Ribbons
- Customization of the Ribbons in Microsoft Excel is very useful when you need to use the commands frequently.
- Consumption of time is cut from real if you are using customized Ribbons.
- Navigation to the required command during the need becomes easy.
- To begin the customization of the ribbon, you need to follow the following procedure.
- Make a right click anywhere in the ribbon area of your screen in the MS Excel Sheet.
- Select “Customize the Ribbon…” from it.
- The new dialog box will opens up, you have to select the New Tab as marked in the picture.
- Now you’ve to rename the New Tab and New Group per your need. I have renamed the New Tab to NHA Tab and New Group to NHA Group.
- Add the commands you need to your New Group (NHA Group). I have added Format Painter and other functions to the group from the Left Pane to the NHA Group.
- Once finished you will notice the New Tab with name NHA Tab is appear in the Tab Area.
What is Quick Access Toolbar and How to Customize it?
- It is a tool which is always visible and not depends on any other tab on which you are working
- The picture shows the Quick Access Toolbar.
- For customizing the Quick Access Toolbar, right-click on Quick Access Toolbar, Click on Customize Quick Access Toolbar…
- Then Select the commands from the screen and click on add, the command will then added to the Quick Access Toolbar. Same way you can also remove the command by clicking on the remove option. At last, you have to click on ok button to save the modifications to the Quick Access Toolbar.
What are the Tabs?
- The various options available on the ribbon bar for the ease of the user for the easy navigation are tab.
- You can find the area which is said to be Tab, in the first image of post.
- Tab consists of various navigation.
- It consists of Cut, Copy, Format Painter, Paste, and Paste Special
- Selection of different types of font is given here, increase and decreasing the size of fonts.
- Bold, Italic and Underline options are available to change the format of fonts.
- Border in various styles can apply using the option.
- Fill Color option is available to change the background fill and font color.
- To align the contents of cell or complete sheet – Top Align, Middle Align, and Bottom Align.
- Align Left, Center your Content, and Align Right.
- Changing the Orientation is possible with Orientation.
- Increasing and Decreasing of size of the cell is possible with, Decrease Indent & Increase Indent.
- Wrap Text – Easy way to format large text, Wrap extra long text into multiple lines so you can see it all.
- Merge & Center, Merge Across, Merge Cell, & Unmerge Cell – Combine and center the contents of the selected cells in a larger cell.
- Number Format – As default general format is enables. You can change it to your wish. Accounting Number Format, Percentage Style, Comma Style, Increase and Decrease Decimal.
- Conditional Formatting – Easily highlights the result from the large database using mathematical equations.
- Format as Table – Select group of cells and convert it to the fantastic tables.
- Cell Style – A colorful style of cells to show the important data.
o Page Layout,
o & View.
I will going to update this content on regularly basis.
Keep a watch on this post and stay tuned.